7 reasons why visit CROSSBOW at InnoGrid 2019
As we have already announced CROSSBOW participates in the networking exhibition at the Annual Conference InnoGrid 2019 in Brussels (13-14 May).
Are you attending to the InnoGrid 2019 Conference? Then, you should visit CROSSBOW’s booth because:
- CROSSBOW is a TSO driven demonstration-oriented project that builds to a large extent on top of pre-existing know-how and results. Innovation developments in previous R&D projects will be deployed in South Easter-Europe (SEE), adapting the existing know-how in Western Electricity Systems to the specific needs of the Region.
- The project will demonstrate several different technologies offering TSOs increased grid flexibility and robustness.
It will do it through: a) A better control of cross-border balancing energy at interconnection points; b) new storage solutions – distributed and centralized-, offering ancillary services to operate Virtual Storage Plants (VSP); c) better ICT and Communications -e.g. better network observability, enabling flexible generation and Demand Response schemas; d) the definition of a transnational wholesale market, proposing fair and sustainable remuneration for clean energies though the definition of new business models supporting the participation of new players –i.e. aggregators- and the reduction of costs.
- Where regional energy balancing becomes a priority, CROSSBOW will analyse, deploy and demonstrate – under the leadership of 8 South Eastern TSOs, a set of solutions boosting regional cross-border cooperation, balancing and re-dispatching of regional resources by considering also cross-border congestions (cross-border capacity) and specific organization of ancillary services markets and mechanisms in each SEE country.
- CROSSBOW enhances the coordination between TSOs and DSOs from different countries, dealing with regulatory issues and market rules, by deploying control technology to promote cross-border interconnections and demand side management.
- The project defines relevant scenarios and use cases to demonstrate the project’s impacts, considering several countries from South Eastern Europe where new energy models need to be supported in order to achieve an effective energy transition towards a decarbonized energy system.
- The tools of the CROSSBOW project are transparent, easily manageable and allow end-users to effectively manage their assets and take sustainable decisions in a coordinated manner.
- CROSSBOW products and services will contribute to the creation of more than 70.000 jobs, the access to better quality energy services of 56.831.418 citizens and businesses, the saving of 3 MTons of GHG, and the increase of 10% in the share of RES (15,2 TWh), among other impacts.